• 14 Oct 2025 1:00PM (AEDT). The forums will be closing at 1:15pm (AEDT) for routine maintenance. We expect the site will be unavailable for about 10 minutes. Can you please logout of the system. Apologies for any inconvience.

Ashes in Australia 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is stumps day 1. Australia in a strong position at 5/273 and a chance to put a lot of pressure on England and setting up nicely for a win.

What I did not realise is just how poor the English bowlers are. Swann averages 29+ and the rest are 30+ bowlers. And their fielding is shocking. How many dropped catches today?

How did I think this Ashes was going to be a contest is beyond me?
 
And that is stumps day 1. Australia in a strong position at 5/273 and a chance to put a lot of pressure on England and setting up nicely for a win.

What I did not realise is just how poor the English bowlers are. Swann averages 29+ and the rest are 30+ bowlers. And their fielding is shocking. How many dropped catches today?

How did I think this Ashes was going to be a contest is beyond me?

Adelaide is a notoriously flat deck. Wait til both sides have had a bat before casting judgement.
 
Mixed bag today , freezing cold weather and yet I go home wth sunburn.
I thought that Australia fought back well after the mini collapse, most wickets were loose shots from the batsmen.
If Australia can eek out 400 then England may find it difficult , the wicket is low and slow will be interesting batting on the fifth day if it goes that far.
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Mixed bag today , freezing cold weather and yet I go home wth sunburn.

Same with my husband. Bright red he was and they'd sat in the stand. And froze.

My turn today. Nice and sunny at the moment and no wind. Being a swing bowler he would have loved to be bowling today. A bit of this, a bit of that, and he's out! :)
 
Seats easy to find in the members. Random photos.
Southern entrance. ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1386285149.413378.jpg

Back of the members

ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1386285175.813228.jpg
 
More members area at back of the Pavilion
ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1386285250.529203.jpg

The Oval
 
on my way in about 20 min... Looks like I'll be doing the whY TR and you can do the J ;)
 
Must be a small cameraman. ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1386285677.079256.jpg

on my way in about 20 min... Looks like I'll be doing the whY TR and you can do the J ;)

That area is the best place to watch the cricket. Actually my husbands fav vantage point is by the scoreboard. ;)
 
English sacred place
ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1386286987.878620.jpg
Aussies sacred place
ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1386287014.929147.jpg
RIP Hookesy
ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1386287056.013655.jpg
My fav place
ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1386287079.929730.jpg
 
1 minute silence for the death of Nelson Mandela.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Currently Active Users

No members online now.
Back
Top