• 14 Oct 2025 1:00PM (AEDT). The forums will be closing at 1:15pm (AEDT) for routine maintenance. We expect the site will be unavailable for about 10 minutes. Can you please logout of the system. Apologies for any inconvience.

Infant booking on International Classic reward

Status
Not open for further replies.

risaka

Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Posts
164
Qantas
Gold
I have booked online a QF international classic reward for 2 passengers and 1 infant.

On the E ticket it shows the total price paid on the 2 passengers and the infant is showing $0.

Does this mean the infant fare is are already paid for or do I need to call up and pay?

Thanks
 
Infants don't pay a fare on classic awards booked with Qantas. In some cases they pay taxes/charges I believe, but it is carrier dependent.

If you have an e-ticket showing the infant and three ticket numbers for all travellers, you're all set. Qantas wouldn't have issued the ticket if there was a balance owing.

I have a few JL flights this year with an infant, it cost 0 points and $0 taxes for the kid.
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Just as @sudoer pointed out, infants travel for free if they're in your lap but taxes/fees are occasionally charged based on carrier.

My partner and I traveled round the world last year in business using only Qantas classic rewards. We flew QF and AY (Finnair).

On our SIN-HEL flight we paid no taxes for the infant
1717917169625.png

but on our LAX-SYD flight we paid some

1717917206634.png

I wouldn't worry about
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Currently Active Users

No members online now.
Back
Top