anat0l
Enthusiast
- Joined
- Dec 30, 2006
- Posts
- 11,669
The Qantas letter was a good one to get as at least it was not a Bill.![]()
Yes... because your house is just too small to have too many Bills.
Unless they are of the polymer* dollars kind, of course.
The Qantas letter was a good one to get as at least it was not a Bill.![]()
Well got my card today. Noted that on the return SYD flights during the seat selection it had the dangerous good declaration.
No we'll see if I get the plat by the end of the year. (I wonder if I will still get the old tags - Hope so!)
Probably not much help to you nlagalle, but for those who have been WP for a couple of years, you should be able to grab a few to keep in reserve. A couple of years back, I noticed that my original issue of WP tags were basically trashed due to wear and tear. I had to make a number of calls to QFF HQ while organising several trips over the space of about 2 months, and each time I asked for a replacement set of tags (I kept asking because they didn't show up after 2 weeks, at which point I had to make my next call). About 3 weeks after my last call, I received a package with 16 tags, so I think I'm pretty well set for life.
AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements
Probably not much help to you nlagalle, but for those who have been WP for a couple of years, you should be able to grab a few to keep in reserve. A couple of years back, I noticed that my original issue of WP tags were basically trashed due to wear and tear. I had to make a number of calls to QFF HQ while organising several trips over the space of about 2 months, and each time I asked for a replacement set of tags (I kept asking because they didn't show up after 2 weeks, at which point I had to make my next call). About 3 weeks after my last call, I received a package with 16 tags, so I think I'm pretty well set for life.
Nice one.
OT - I've noticed (to me) that tags don't make a difference when coming out onto the carousel. I've had tagged luggage, come out last; no tagged luggage come out first. Figure that one out?!?!?!? And all through the status tiers, it has not made a difference. Maybe l angered a baggage handler someone where in my past life? lol
Today will be "the" test for me. PER-SYD, QF580, checking in 3 bags. 2 will have WP tags, 1 with nothing. Should be interesting.
Current WP/SG/PS/QP tags mean SFA in the overall picture. They're nothing more than bag tags. It's what's on the checked luggage strip/sticker that counts (and perhaps the actual Priority/Business/First tag although they often get torn off too).
I've seen plenty of NB's with WP tags on their bag, hoping that that'll get them priority luggage (I've actually seen someone try to get in to a QP and the J checkin queues with them too, people will try anything!).
it may then be integrated with other information read off special tags (#1)!
I hope not #1 my kids will be very disappointed if they can't take my luggage tags and squirrel them away somewhere.
Exactly I'd have to try to exert some parental authority.anat0l said:Now why would they do that?
Or rather, what would stop them from doing that??![]()
Oh yes, that makes sense!
There's a confusion going around here as to what "tag" refers to. "Baggage tag" can actually refer to three things:
- An attachment by the customer which identifies that baggage has their own
- The sticker strip attached by check-in staff (and soon with QF NGCI, by customers themselves) that directs a bag to its correct location
- A strip of cardboard or cardboard on a string which is attached to the above tag or onto the bag to show it should be handled with priority
Now how's that for confusing!
Of course, for priority handling purposes, only #3 in the list above works. Pretty soon, we're lead to believe that this information will be printed with #2 (NGCI), and with Q Bag Tags, it may then be integrated with other information read off special tags (#1)!
Thanks for that.Yes... because your house is just too small to have too many Bills.
More often than not (N.B. the words, I didn't say every time), those pink tags on my baggage do the trick and I am off and away from the chaos of the carousel area nice and quick.
I'm hoping that with the new Q Bag Tags the system will remain as good as it is (a minimum expectation!) or will get better. However, the rumour / speculation is that there will be slightly more handling required to accommodate the new bag tags, which casts some doubt as to whether the system will really go well.
Will be interesting to see how this affects entering the QP.. quite often when I flash my card, they ask to see my boarding pass too. I wonder if it means they'll be more diligent in checking if you do actually have a flight by swiping your card and bringing up the details.......
Good point.
I thought about this yesterday as l entered the PER QP and SYD J Lounge. I just "flashed" my WP Card. No "in-depth" check. Are there people who have "fake" WP cards and entering the QP's and J Lounges fraudulently? Just get a blank plastic card, color photocopy front and back, clear double sided tape and hey presto, you have unlimited QP entry for about $5. Just like doing a fake ID. It's not rocket science.
