To clarify, this meal should have been described as “beer battered flathead fillets with seasoned wedges”, and will most definitely be served with cutlery (knife, fork and napkin).
We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the fish, and have taken on board your comments regarding the wedges. I hope your next inflight experience with us is a more pleasant one.
In much the same way as QF offer Select on Q-Eat details of meal offerings, would it not be possible - on a major change like this - for QF to provide photos of the various upcoming dishes on the website? I'm guessing much thought & research is invested in the development of these meals (yes, I *am* being serious!); surely there are photos available which would give passengers an idea of what to expect the first time when ordering new dishes?
That makes me ill.And even if they did hand out wet wipes to pax, how many do you think would actually use them properly before wiping their hands on the seats (intentionally or not)?
Thanks for your feedback BD1959.
The “fish bites and chips” served are part of the new inflight dining experience currently being trialled. While due for official launch on 24 September, your experience has highlighted some errors in the service delivery of this meal. We’ve since been in touch with the crew regarding this particular example to ensure it remains a one off.
To clarify, this meal should have been described as “beer battered flathead fillets with seasoned wedges”, and will most definitely be served with cutlery (knife, fork and napkin).
We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the fish, and have taken on board your comments regarding the wedges. I hope your next inflight experience with us is a more pleasant one.
That's certainly a relief.To clarify, this meal should have been described as “beer battered flathead fillets with seasoned wedges”, and will most definitely be served with cutlery (knife, fork and napkin).
Was it served (steaming) hot? When BA also started serving fish and chips I recall reading comments on another forum about the possibility of the smell of fried fish and wedges filling up the cabin.I'm guessing the prosciutto salad is also supposed to be served with cutlery (I've no idea whether it was or not, everyone around me went for the fish.
Was it served (steaming) hot? When BA also started serving fish and chips I recall reading comments on another forum about the possibility of the smell of fried fish and wedges filling up the cabin.
Your suggestion has been passed on to our Customer Experience team for their internal review and future consideration.![]()
:shock: ...Your suggestion has been passed on to our Customer Experience team for their internal review and future consideration.![]()
:shock: ...
... I feel like I have just read from part of a "Yes! (Prime) Minister" script ...![]()
No news on the seagull?
Yes, and we know what happens to those suggestions, Bernard puts them in the out tray and all sorted.
AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements
Same here. I am not looking forward to that.Now *I* feel sick. I hate the smell of fish.![]()
I hope this isn't served on any flights I'm taking soon.
On the 694 tonight, CSM announced that the main cabin would be served a choice of Fish Bites and Chips or Prosciutto Salad - my first introduction to the new Boxed Dinners.
I opted for the "Fish and Chips" as it was offered by the FA. An Interesting Meal.
View attachment 34905
Apologies for the quality of the photo.
The Box is served without cutlery and a single paper napkin. Included with the two strips of fish is a piece of lemon. The chips are in fact more of a potato wedge and - in this instance - quite soggy and floppy. No idea what the fish itself is but quite tasty. One of the big draw-backs is the fishy after-smell on the fingers ... after boxes were collected, another run with a lindor ball offered to each passenger.
It's going to be interesting going forward, if the non-cutlery boxes are the norm; would certainly expect this to restrict the types of meals which can be served.
Regards,
BD
Red Roo has just posted that it should have been served with cutlery (a few posts up).Looks greasy, cheap & disgraceful presentation.. WTF.. No cutlery? It's not exactly like sitting at a park or the beach where the greasy aroma could be blown away.
What next? Rice & Dahl served on a banana leaf?..![]()
Red Roo has just posted that it should have been served with cutlery (a few posts up).
Edit: post 23
...What next? Rice & Dahl served on a banana leaf?..![]()
The real question is, will they be introducing on-board seagulls to throw the chips to?
